Tuesday, 19 August 2014

THE FLYING FLAT PACK

 
I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, here, that our own personal grassy knoll is fortuitously placed so as to have witnessed thousands of moments in history - and, often, more minor events. 
 
 
Yesterday, a flight of fancy was cut short, in the field across the way.
 
 
These chaps look a bit sad, not least because it's starting to drizzle. But a kick is hardly going to solve the problem...
 
 
...much better to have a snooze till the cavalry arrives.
 
 
Here they come - hope they've brought the instruction manual.
 
 
 
"Hello darling, hang on a mo' while I take a pinch of snuff." These intrepid funsters are no spring chickens. You could call them silver gliders.
 

 


 



 
And there they go, on the Great North Road!
 
*** 

12 comments:

  1. Good job your grassy knoll had been mown and harvested or the farmer would have been none too pleased - the silver pound at play during these "dog days" of summer with their toys and games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I must say I was surprised that they were oldies, but I suppose younger thrill-seekers are up there in their paragliders.

      Delete
  2. At least they made it to the field and didn't crash into your roof!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't thought of that! We didn't see the landing but assumed it was a controlled emergency stop.

      Delete
  3. I've heard of hot air balloons coming down like that but not gliders. All seems a bit dangerous. Caused a bit of excitement though eh?

    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And a good photo opportunity!

      Delete
  4. Wow......and how incredible that it all folded up into that little box !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've always wondered what was in those long, white trailers - now I know it's not a deep-frozen shark!

      Delete
  5. A special trailer for a glider! Too cool. And the wings of the glider just fold up and somehow tuck away.
    I think that could be worked into a mystery novel somehow... You just never know what the day will bring :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true and thank goodness nobody was hurt.

      Delete
  6. lovely to see that story unfold before your eyes Nilly. I couldn't believe it packed away onto the trailer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are a bit nosey, aren't we? Hope they don't see my blog.

      Delete